Our site aims to provide up-to-date information for visitors and members alike.
We extend a warm welcome to visitors with us, we hope to be a welcoming, open congregation. When you come along please feel free to be yourself and join in where you are comfortable, we have no dress code so come as you are all are welcome.
We meet together to worship on Sunday mornings and evenings.
Our service times are: Sunday morning in the church – 10.30am and 6.45pm in the church
We have Communion on the first and second Sundays
we celebrate Communion during the evening services of the
other Sundays of the month.
There is a time of open praise & worship on the last Sunday evening service of each month, as we continue our journey seeking to apply the teaching we received on the
Holy Spirit. Expect great things to happen during this time. This service will close with a celebration of The Lord’s Table.
Our Services are of a non traditional style with prayers and hymns until the children leave after a children’s message for Sunday school, followed by the bible reading and sermon & on the first two Sundays of the month end with Communion.
A few weeks ago Pastor Stuart Macdonald announced that he had accepted a call to become the new pastor of Thurso Baptist church. He will finish his ministry here at the 28th May.
Pray for Stuart as he prepares for this new phase of service and for the church leadership as they consider how to lead the church into our next phase of service for God in Stranraer.
Any prospective Pastoral Candidates please contact the Church.
Tea/coffee and biscuits are served after the morning service, very informal and relaxed, please stay for a cuppa!
Our Vision is to see a lost generation come to Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, obey Him in Baptism, come to Belong in His family, and be transformed in their Behaviour
Please click on the main topic at the top of the page to find your way around the site. Any sub menus available will then appear at the top of the page after clicking the main topic on.
1. We believe the (Holy) Bible is the whole, verbally-inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God (II Timothy 3:16)
2. We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 10:33); in His virgin Birth (Isa. 7:14); (Matt. 1:23; Luke 1:35); in His sinless life (Heb. 4:15; 7:25); in His bodily resurrection (John 11:25); in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Acts 1: 9-11); and in His personal, imminent, return in power and glory (Rev. 19:11-16)
3. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:1; John 10:30; John 4:24)
4. We believe that all men are sinful by nature and, as such, at enmity with God; therefore, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for their salvation (Rom. 3:19)
5. We believe that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the (death) shed blood (and resurrection) of Jesus Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved (Acts 13:33-39)
6. We believe that Satan is a person and that hell is a place of eternal conscious punishment of all unsaved (Job. 1:6-7; Matt. 24:46; Rev. 20:14-15)
7. We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, makes believers children of God through the new birth, assuring them of heaven (John 16:8; I Cor. 3:16; I Cor. 12:13)
8. We believe in the eternal security of the believer (John 10:28-29)
9. We believe that the local church is composed of regenerated, immersed believers, voluntarily united together for the purpose of worship of God, the fellowship of believers and the proclamation of the Gospel of Christ throughout the world (Acts 2:41-42; Matt. 28:19-20)
10. We believe the Bible as the supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice (II Tim. 3:16); the Lordship of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:36; I Cor. 12:3; Col. 1:17-18); the competency of the individual soul in direct approach to God (I Tim. 2:1-2); the priesthood of all believers (I Pet. 2:5); a regenerate church membership (Acts 2:41-42); the symbolic ordinances of Believer’s Baptism (Immersion) and the Lord’s Supper (Acts 8:36-39; Rom. 6:3-5; I Cor. 11:23-32); the autonomy of the local church (congregational government) and its fellowship with the other churches of like faith and practice (Eph. 1:22-23; I Tim. 3:1-15); the solemn obligation to majority rule within the church; the absolute separation of church and state (II Cor. 1:24; Matt. 23:10); and a world-wide program of missionary endeavour in obedience to the final command of our Lord (Acts 1:8; Matt. 28:19-20)
11. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to the resurrection of life and they who are lost to the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29)
Operation Read Through the Bible on the Goodnewsreading.com page on this website
“For my own benefit more than anyone else’s, I delightedly and unashamedly declare that I aim to be all about ‘JESUS’. God’s Best to and through you in 2017!”
Even after 2000 years Jesus of Nazareth is still one of the most talked-about people ever. The things He said and the way
He lived, died, and rose again, have a fascination even for people who are turned off by the idea of church and “religion”.
Our hope for you is that these pages will encourage you to find out more about Jesus.
“After Climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb”
Please check this weeks notices (top right hand side of this page) to see if there are any changes to
times or meetings also contact webmaster by e-mail
Our next 24 hour prayer time is the last weekend of the month see weekly notices
If you can pray with us for 1 hour at home wherever you are send us an email and
let us know
please e-mail email@example.com for details
You can listen to a number of our previous sermons online – click here
Also look for Stranraer Baptist on Facebook.
Stranraer Baptist Church,
Contact pastor home phone (01776) 706799
Pastor: mobile 07803571627 : firstname.lastname@example.org
Assosiate churches in Girvan 28miles North.
& Wigtown Baptist Church 26 miles East